Thursday, November 23, 2017

The Greatest of All


  As I have been thinking about who I am grateful for and why these last weeks, it has become even more apparent to me to whom I owe more thanks than I can ever sufficiently give, and that is to my loving Heavenly Father and His son, Jesus Christ.

  I have thought a lot about what I want to say in this post, to keep it reverent and also sincere. I have decided to simply share my testimony of Them.

  I know that I am a daughter of God. He is my literal Father and He loves me like a Father. He blessed me with an Earthly father who loves me so overwhelmingly, and that has taught me to know how much Heavenly Father knows and loves me. He knows my name. He knows my heart. He watches over me. He helps me. He blesses me. He is always there. He has guided me to every person that has had an impact in my life, and I am grateful to Him for that. I know that all He wants for me is to experience true joy, and that if I will trust Him, joy will be my end result.

  I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that he suffered for my sins, and that He did it because he loves me and every one of us. I know that I would not be who I am without Him. I know that who I am today is very different from who I was 10 years ago, and that change is because of Him. I know that He set the perfect example for me to follow. I know that He is kind and full of patience towards me. That He is always willing to forgive me. I owe Him EVERYTHING. I will never be able to repay Him. And He doesn't expect me to. He just asks that I do my best. I am so grateful for my Savior and all He has made possible for me and my family.

  I have not always known all these things. But I have prayed. I have searched the scriptures. I have gone to church and discussed things with family and friends. And I have put principles to the test. And then, I have had profound and sacred experiences where the Spirit has told me the answers that I was seeking. I know these things for myself, and not because it's what my parents told me or what my church leaders say. I have received my own personal revelation, and for this I am grateful as well.

  I can't imagine a better way to start the Christmas season than by focusing on how grateful I am for Jesus Christ, and the joy He brought into the world the day He was born. I will just end by sharing a scripture that shows one of the reasons why I love the Savior:
 
John 16:33 - "These things I have spoken into you, that in me he might have peace. In the world he shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment