Friday, August 31, 2018

May 2018


May!
Beautiful, sunny, warm May!

I took Ellory to a lot of parks
which resulted in her
doing this while waiting for Kale
to get out of school:




We ended up being at my parents' house
on May 4th,
so we celebrated Star Wars day
by watching Kale's Lego Star Wars movie.


And the next day,
the kids and I ate lunch outside:


One of Kale's soccer practices
involved any siblings or parents
getting out there and 
scrimmaging with Kale's team.
Tyler carried Ellory around
so she could join in the fun





At one of his soccer practices,
Kale took a ball to the face.
At first he was FREAKING out,
but then I told him that he 
now had his first loose tooth,
and he thought that was awesome and stopped crying.
About a week later,
I noticed that where his loose tooth was,
his adult tooth was already growing in behind it.
Like a little shark:


More beautiful soccer days!


Little Miss Ellory,
enjoying the soccer match:



I had been feeling pretty good,
and then one weekend I suddenly felt awful again.
Tyler was traveling and had texted me
to ask me how I was doing.
This was my response:



The kids and I then went to my parents house
to surprise my mom for Mother's Day!
I didn't tell either of them we were coming.
It was so fun to see the look 
on her face when she answered the door.
And since it was Sunday,
my dad made me a delicious omlette


I don't remember what movie we watched...


But the kids were certainly entertained!
Maybe it was The Greatest Showman?


That night there was a huge thunderstorm,
and Ellory came into bed with me:


More beautiful days full of 
me trying to tire her out:


Kale lost his first tooth!!


Tyler took the kids outside to
play some kickball...







And then the neighbors 
wanted to join in.



Sometimes, I just like to take
pictures of her sleeping:


She built that magnet castle all by herself:


Ellory asked if she could have a 
pajama party with her friends.
Duh. Yes:


They watched Chicken Little 
and giggled the whole way through
in their cute pajamas.

Oh and Ellory requested a large
breakfast that morning,
which I made for her:


The poptart was the only thing she actually ate, though.

Another thing she built
all by herself:


For a while there,
she was obsessed with this movie:


And one night I really wanted to eat
something yummy but I also
really, really didn't want to cook it
or clean up the mess.
So we went to Hickory Park.
And Kale's ice cream turned his tongue blue:


Ellory put this on and she's cute,
so I don't need any other reason
to take a picture:


Hot day at Nana's calls for
ice cream and Popsicle breaks:


Oh, and all this while we were house hunting.
Saw some good ones.
Saw some awful ones.
We started to get extremely discouraged.
I was truly on the edge of giving up.
And then we saw this one:






And we were like,
"Um, yes, please."
Someone else put an offer on it,
but we won!
It was a huge relief to have
that done,
and so exciting anticipating moving in!

Kale had some fun days
for his last week of school.
One of them was silly string your teacher:



We took the side off Ellory's crib:


She fell off that night.
Eventually, she got used to it.

Kale had a field day at school.
Tyler, Ellory and I helped
in the morning with the Limbo station:


That was  HOT day,
and very buggy.

We were really happy with
how Kale's Kindergarten year went.
His teacher was the best we could have asked for,
and he loved going every day.
She sometimes would text
me pictures of what he was doing
during the day,
and was more than willing to give him
extra things to do.
His favorite days were when he was chosen
to be the "Star Helper."
But he found ways to get to be
her helper pretty much every day.
We are really glad he got to participate
in the E.L.P. group, too.
He always came home excited to
tell me about the brainteaser!
 
And then May was over and summer began!

No comments:

Post a Comment