Wednesday, August 22, 2018

February 2018


Welcome to February!
It was really really cold
for pretty much
the entire month.
I'm talking windchill in the negative 40s!
So, yes, lots of cuddles:





Kale made this for me:


Kale loved to go sledding!


Ellory really just did not like the cold.
I didn't blame her.

We went to another indoor track meet:


Ya, that's about how much she wanted
to be there.

Every once in a while,
I think to document the kids 
playing their little games together.
I love their imaginations:


And sometimes I take pictures of them
while they are sleeping because I
get sentimental and think about how
they grow up every day
and sometimes I just want them to stay little forever.
The whole, thinking I was never
going to be able to have another 
baby thing probably didn't help
my emotional state at this time.
But look how cute they are all cuddled up:



Happy Sunday!



Ellory and I got to help out in Kale's
classroom for his Valentine's Day party.
And there was ice cream!



We came home from school to this
beautiful surprise:


When we got married,
my bouquet was made from 
fake flowers.
Tyler and I had a conversation about it
and I told him that I didn't really
like the idea of spending money 
on flowers because they are just going to die.
And I still think that's true.
So since that conversation,
he has never bought me flowers,
and I believe I've never complained,
but I could be wrong about that.
But a few months ago I was teasing him
 that the only flowers he'd 
ever given to me were tainted (long story),
and I said that although I thought
flowers were pointless
they were still a nice gesture.
Well, he certainly listened!

My parents sent us this
little surprise in the mail:


So yum!
And this was my attempt to do
something "Valentinesy" for dinner:



My mom offered to come up
and babysit the kids for a night
so Tyler and I could go 
on a date,
and then she and dad would stay the night
so we could celebrate her birthday the next day.
Well then Ellory and I HAD to 
make her the famous chocolate cake:


And here they are!



Happy Birthday Nana!!!





 That cake is just soooooooooooooo YUM.



Did I mention we are obsessed with Qwixx...


Because we are super into it.


Another freezing cold day
calls for another trip to the mall:



One day Ellory asked if we could have
a pajama party.
I asked her what we do at 
a pajama party,
and she made this list:


 And so we did all of those things.
First, Snapchat:









Next, sandwiches and the Lego Ninjago Movie:


And also, cuddling with stuffed animals:


Then, playing Sequence:


We also had a dance party,
because we're not quitters!
I just didn't take a picture of it.

Then, it was time to head to Utah
for Dain and Heidi's wedding!
We headed out a little early
so we could spend some time with family.
First, we went to Vauna and Jeff's house.
Kale roped Aunt Vauna into
a game of Battleship:


And Ellory convinced Pop-Pop
to play a matching game with him,
even though we all
just wanted to go to sleep:


Poor mom was so sick
on the drive out.
We had some rough weather
through Wyoming (surprise!),
but we made it through.

Then, the kids and I went to Shane and Realyn's
house so we could spend a few days
with the Patterson side of the family,

We played some video games:




Ellory and Allie really hit it off.
Those two were ridiculously adorable together.
 


On this day we all got together at Janie's house.
When we got there,
Ellory was in one of her super grumpy moods.
Nothing was good enough.
And then,
Allie walked in the door,
and suddenly everything was fine:


We love the cousins!!!




And Gracie was so very sweet to Ellory,
even when Ellory was being cranky:




She's actually really sweet:




Oh look, 
she found her best friend again!


Addy had her last basketball game
while we were there,
and I was excited to be able to go.
I took some really crappy pictures
of her, 
but it's proof that I went:




And that was February.
On to March and Dain's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment